ASEC: Our Team
Rosemary A. Shaver, E.Ed.Senior Program Manager, Programs
I am happy to work in a capacity that allows me to utilize my knowledge of higher education, student development, and international relations. My work for HESA fulfills the desire I have to be engaged with the global community and to help generate positive change among underserved populations. I enjoy working with the Catholic Sisters in Africa and continue to learn about their culture, as sisters, individuals, citizens, and professionals.
I recently completed a M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration at Penn State University and graduated in 2012 from the University of Scranton with a B.A. in History and Political Science. At the University of Scranton, I also completed a Religious Studies minor and Peace and Justice Studies concentration. My work with HESA allows me to call upon each of the subjects I studied as a student.
Working with the sisters, and communicating with them regularly, I am struck equally by their hunger for education and gratitude to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, ASEC and the HESA program for providing them the opportunity to receive education. It is wonderful to receive accounts from the sisters that detail the effects of the education they are receiving through HESA. Through these exchanges, I am coming to learn how the work of ASEC educating Catholic sisters in Africa, lives beyond the classroom in the sisters’ local and extended communities. As the sisters are working and studying simultaneously, the outcome of skills gained in the classroom are often immediate.
I look forward to continuing my work with HESA and contributing to our understanding of Catholic sisters in Africa.
P: (570) 961-4568
- Senior Program Manager is awarded Ed.D., doctoral award (Profile)
- ‘Mystical Wisdom’ Found at LCWR Conference in St. Louis (Profile)
- Scholarship Program 2021: Bridging the Gap to Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (Author)
- Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) Program, 2021 Year in Review (Author)
- Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) Program, 2020 Year in Review (Author)
- HESA Students at CUCG Top of Class for 3 Consecutive Years (Author)
- Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) program, 2019 year in review (Author)
- First HESA Partners Conference takes place in Uganda (Author)
- Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) program, 2018 year in review (Author)
- 1st Visiting Scholar Selected for CARA Research Fellowship (Author)
- 260 Sisters join HESA in Phase II, Year 1 (Author)
- African Women and Girls Pursuing Science-Related Fields (Author)